Getzen & WEC
October ´31 – The dice are rolled
Billy Bolt has been crowned inaugural Hard Enduro World Champion!
- Mani Lettenbichler started first, but Billy Bolt was just four seconds back and it just took him half of lap one to be right on the back tyre of his championship rival.
- It didn’t take Bolt long to gain the lead and he looked set to open a gap but as we reached the 20 minute mark, Billy made a big mistake on a hill and Letti didn’t waste the opportunity.
- From there on Mani put in fast lap after fast lap and started opening a gap. Billy on the otherhand continued making mistakes and dropped down to sixth.
- It looked like the title might have been decided in favour of Lettenbichler at this point as the local hero did everything he needed to. But Bolt stayed calm, got back in the groove both he and Mani had showed in the morning race, regained second position which was enough to take the 2021 Hard Enduro World Championship.
- “I still have to process it, especially after how the race has gone.” Said Billy. “I struggled like mad early on and found myself quite far back. I did a quite good job staying calm and being faster than the other guys. I couldn’t catch Mani but managed to do what I needed to do to get the title.”
- Mani on the other hand finished the season with style, by winning his home race and clinching the second place in the championship. It was fitting the pair rounded out the year on the same points, 104. Bolt takes the title on count back with more second place finishes.
Also Travis Taesdale had a fantastic season after some hurdles to take due to the covid situation, travlling from South Africa and some ohter bad circumstances for him.
Congrats to all our boys, hope to see you back soon in Pallazuolo for more Training for ´22. Stay strong – Ride hard!